|Salary Range:||$12.00 + Depending on Experience|
|Benefits:||Holiday Pay and 401K Retirement|
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashier's checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other tellers with a variety of duties as required. Ensures members are promptly and professionally served. Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
(E) Essential or N) Nonessential
(E) 50% Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and cashier's checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
(E) 20% Cross sells Credit Union products & services.
(E) 10% Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
(E) 10% Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
(E) 5% Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, scanning, computer input and answering the telephone.
(N) 5% Other duties as assigned.
- Teller functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A balancing record that meets established standards is maintained.
- Good business relations exist with members. Member's problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other Tellers and staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
- The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- A high school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Teller policies and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Credit Union operations.
- Up to six months of similar or related experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
- Good typing skills
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- TALKING: One must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly require using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- FINGER DEXTERITY: Primarily using just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary visual acuity is necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Exerts up to 20 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; read at a slow rate; and define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs. Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses and good vocabulary.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
This job description is intended as a summary of the major duties and responsibilities as well as qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the Credit Union.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The Credit Union maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.